Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Second Phase of Treatments ~ Second set of treatments

     On Monday 27, February 2012 I had my second set of infusions with the triple dose of chemo and experienced very little reactions, which I feel were due to the fact that they reduced the amount of  Benadryl this time as the full dose gave my a nervous reaction the last few treatments. I still had difficulty sleeping that night but felt good the next day. On a side note Doctor Stone did say that 2 more of these treatments should be the end of this.
     Tuesday 28, February 2012 I also had my second Neulasta shot about 4 PM and didn't feel any reaction until about 12 hours later with some pain in my wrists, thankfully the pain in my joints and muscles is minimal this time compared to the first time and Tylenol is working great so I won't have to fill the prescription that the doctor gave me for Hydrocodone-acetaminophen (Vicodin) a narcotic pain reliever.
      I will post updates in a couple of days on how I'm doing with this last shot, so far so good :>)

Friday 2, March 2012 update:
     I spoke to soon about the pain not being as bad this time as some time during Wednesday night the pain intensified and stayed with me throughout the next day and became even more painful early Friday morning about 2 AM, on a scale of 1-10 this was an easy 10, mostly in my knees and shin bones, by daybreak Friday the pain had subsided to about a 4. As this day continues the better I am feeling, so hopefully the worst is over this time. I WILL be getting the narcotic pain reliever before the next shot in three weeks.

 Wednesday 7, March 2012 update:
     Today is the best I have felt since the last shot, pretty much back to normal. I had blood work done on Monday and my counts were good and if any thing my white blood cell count was high, so the shot did what it was suppose to do! As a side note, after a month since my first triple dose of chemo the hair loss is in full swing, I should be totally hairless in about a week ;>)

2 comments:

  1. It's amazing how well your getting through this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda
    Yes it has been interesting at best and I feel a lot has to do with attitude, I see people who are down and out with their problem at the cancer center and they don't seem to get any better and others who are upbeat and positive like I am seem to thrive and get better, I can only pray for the best outcome from all of this.

    ReplyDelete