Friday, January 6, 2012

Week Seven

     Week seven started out on Tuesday January 3, 2012 with my third and final bronchoscope with brachytherapy catheter placement for the internal radiation procedure. The bronchoscope also revealed that the right upper lobe blockage is now open and looking good. The outer mass (tumor) is still shrinking.
     Wednesday thru Friday I had my standard radiation treatments using the narrower field of radiation. After today I will have 7 more treatments and then I will be finished with radiation treatments. Wednesday I also had chemotherapy infusions, with minimal side effects. My blood work was good.
     Thursday I had a follow up appointment with my pulmonary doctor and he is quite pleased with the outcome of my treatments so far. He said I'm doing great and my system is reacting really well to the treatments. :>)
      I still feel great and my breathing is the best it has been for some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment