Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Week Six

     Week six started on Tuesday 27, December with my standard radiation treatment, 24 of 38, then over to the cancer center for my blood work which was good, only a slight decrease on my red blood cell count, then a short consult with the doctor who said I'm doing great and after my last treatment, third week of January, I will get a 1 month break then more scans and next phase of chemotherapy treatments, they are the ones that will knock the hair off my head ;>) then I went to the treatment room for my 5th set of infusions, as before no adverse side effects, just extremely tired for about 4 hours, also only able to sleep for about 5 hours.
     Wednesday I had my 25th  radiation treatment and a consult with the doctor who also said I'm doing great, gained 3 more pounds, yikes! Once I finish these treatments I will be done with radiation and will only receive chemotherapy for a few more months.
     I still feel great, have a good appetite, and other then the night after chemo I sleep good. Thanks to all who have been following this blog, I appreciate the support.
     Here is the new field for radiation to the tumor and lymph node areas for the last half of my treatments.


No comments:

Post a Comment