Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Last of the triple dose of chemo and GOOD NEWS!

     On the 9th of April, 2012 I had the last of my triple dose of chemo and was told by the doctor that I will have my usual weekly blood work for the next three weeks and on my last day he will tell me what if any other procedures will be done. As before on all of my treatments still no problems, I feel good and actually got a full nights sleep.

Good news:
     Tuesday 10 April, 2012 I had a routine visit with my pulmonary doctor, which included a chest x-ray. From that x-ray and my previous CAT scan he told me as far as he can see the mass is gone and he only sees scar tissue in the area where I had the radiation, I asked if that meant remission and his words were "unofficially you are in remission" but he will let the chemo doctors give me the official finding in three weeks. He also said that my body accepted the treatments very well! This was the best news ever and it was what I had hoped and prayed for over the last 5 months. Once again thanks to every one who has followed this and sent me well wishes and prayers! God bless you all!

For the record I also got my last Neulasta shot Tuesday so I will be going through the usual discomfort for the next few days, but I will be able to grin and bear it considering the news I just received :>)

No comments:

Post a Comment