Monday, November 14, 2011

Radiation Oncology and Cancer Center appointments today.

     Radiation Oncology appointment consisted of another CAT scan to verify the location of the mass in my right lung and set up location points on my chest and sides so as to pinpoint where the radiation will be directed once I start radiation treatments, which is tentatively scheduled for the 21st of this month, pending what the Cancer Center Doctor assigns for my treatments.
     The Cancer Center appointment was primarily paper work for insurance purposes, blood work, vitals and a brief consultation with a Doctor to explain the up coming treatments which will be 6 months of on and off chemo and radiation treatments, the first phase of chemo will start on the 28th of this month and will not cause any hair loss, phase two of chemo (in a couple of months) will be total hair loss. The Doctor did tell me that this a Stage 3 lung cancer and Stage 3 is considered a “locally advanced” cancer, meaning the tumor has not spread to distant regions of the body but has spread to lymph nodes on the same side of the body as the tumor which I have a few in the same lung.
     The results of the MRI was good, but did confirm that I do have a few loose screws LOL 8>) I will update when I know more. Thanks for all of the well wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment