Monday, November 21, 2011

Radiation Oncology

     Today I started my radiation treatments. I will have 38 treatments over the next few weeks, Monday thru Friday and nothing on week-ends or holidays. The treatments last about 15 minutes, which includes getting me positioned and line up on the table, the procedure is similar to an x-ray, just a lot more centrally located.
     Every Monday in addition to my treatment they will take x-rays, followed by a consultation with my Radiation Oncology Doctor to explain how things are progressing and to see if I am having any side effects, which could be a sore throat, skin irritation and fatigue.
     Each and every person I have come in contact with at this facility has been extremely friendly, positive and professional. I will post more next week after my first chemotherapy treatment on Monday the 28th.

     

1 comment:

  1. It's good to hear you are encountering so many nice people. I hope you don't any adverse side effects.

    ReplyDelete