Monday, December 19, 2011

Week Five

     Today I had imaging and my 19th radiation treatment, was unable to see the doctor because of  my chemo appointment time. They said I will see the doctor on Wednesday.
     All was good at the cancer center for my chemo infusions, blood work was good. Still no adverse side effects, a little tired but I still feel great. Here is a photo of me getting my premeds.

     Tomorrow I have to be at the surgery center at 7:00 AM for a Broncoscope to insert the catheters for my second Brachytherapy treatment, High-Dose Rate (HDR) internal radiation therapy. I'll update more when I get home tomorrow.

    Tuesday December 20, 2011 Update: The Broncoscope with catheter placement and the Brachytherapy treatment both went well, with some great news, the Broncoscope also reveled that the nearly obstructing (greater than 90% obstructed) mass found proximally in the right upper lobe is now only about 20% obstructed :>)
Also informed that the outer mass (tumor) is shrinking :>)

     Once the catheters were in place I was moved to radiation oncology for the Brachytherapy treatment. Here are a couple of pictures prior to me going into the procedure room.


No comments:

Post a Comment