Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Week Four

     Monday was imaging and radiation at the radiation oncology center. They have set me up for another CAT scan on Thursday so they can reduce the field of radiation to the tumor for the last half of my treatments.
     Then I reported to the cancer center for my infusions of premeds and chemo which including blood work takes about 4 1/2 hours. My blood work was good and the only reactions from the infusions were a headache, feeling tired and heartburn, also on the night after chemo even though I'm tired I have a hard time sleeping. Nice to be retired as I can take naps ;>)
     Today I had my routine radiation treatment and informed I will also have another PET scan on Friday. These two scans are used to measure to see how much the tumor has shrunk and adjust coordinates for the external beam radiation.
     I still feel great, have a good appetite and only feel the fatigue on Monday and Tuesday, by Wednesday I'm my usual happy grumpy self  >P)

No comments:

Post a Comment