Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Week Three

     Monday started my third week of treatments, starting with my 9th of 38 radiation treatments, also had a brief visit with the doctor who was pleased to see that I have gained 10 pounds as most people loose weight. Then I reported to the cancer center for my 2nd chemotherapy infusions. Once finished I didn't have any adverse side effects, just felt a little tired with a slight headache.
     Tuesday I had my Broncoscope so as they could insert catheters for my HRD Brachytherapy, the first catheter was placed in the right upper bronchial lobe ant segment and the second catheter was place in the post segment, then I was transported to radiation department for the catheters to be hooked up to a machine that deliver the radioactive pellets, this procedure lasted about 5 minutes. This treatment is for the nearly obstructing (greater than 90% obstructed) mass that was found proximally in the right upper lobe. I will have this done again on the 20th of this month and again the 3rd of January. I will continue with the external beam radiation treatments for the external mass that is around the outer part of this lobe area.
     I still feel great and keeping a positive attitude.

















No comments:

Post a Comment